I first want to apologize to all of my faithful readers who may have been checking often to see if I posted (namely my dear sister-in-law Erin) and have come up empty-handed as I have not posted for 2 WEEKS!!! There just simply has not been an opportune time to sit down and write. Last week was all jostled about due to Labor Day, Food Bank Load Out, and being gone all day Friday and Saturday. Then this past week, I started substitute teaching again on Monday and Tuesday, and yesterday I went up to Aurora to go shopping. SO, here we are, Thursday, 9/16/2010, and I am getting a chance to write.
We just received an exciting email about an hour ago: an invitation to interview for Georgetown School of Medicine. That brings Ryan's total interviews to 6, and we are remaining hopeful and prayerful that these will produce good results! Now that his secondary applications have all been submitted, he's been able to relax more and focus on the interviews that lie ahead. It's been refreshing to see him sit down and read a book for pleasure in the evening rather than be tied down to the computer writing essays.
On the work front, Ryan has been keeping busy with Hoerr's, and he is also thoroughly enjoying his teaching on Thursday nights. He and the students have grown more comfortable with one another already, and he's looking forward to the rest of the semester. Regarding my teaching, I was feeling a little ill about it all on Sunday night. I'm not really sure why, maybe just because I haven't done it all summer and it was all sort of new again. But, it went very well, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the semester too.
Lastly, I just want to share a thought I had a few days ago. I was thinking about how exciting it will be to hear Abe's little voice tell me that he loves me. Then I thought about how as deeply as I love Abram, God's love for us surpasses it greater still (could we with ink the ocean fill...). Then I thought about how much it must mean to our Abba Father to hear us tell Him that we love Him. Nothing flowerly or eloquent or profound, just a simple, "My great, glorious God, my Father, I LOVE YOU!! With all I can find within me, God, I love you." When I pray, I usually do tell God that I love Him, but it felt different when I thought about how me saying those simple words were so, SO sweet to God's ears. And, if we really do love Him, our lives will show it too. We will keep His commandments and walk in His ways.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
No comments:
Post a Comment