Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Milwaukee

I thought it might be fun to give you a "photo diary" of last Friday, particularly since I haven't shared any pictures in a little while. We went up to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as Ryan had an interview there. Here is our day:

We left at about 5:50 AM and arrived at about 9:30 AM. Not too bad of a drive! It was surprisingly enjoyable, because I had anticipated a ton of traffic up by the Rockford/Chicago interchanges. It was actually light on traffic, beautiful on fall scenery!

While Ryan spent his day here:



Abe and I spent our day here:



and here:



It was a fabulous mall with a lot of stores we don't have around home.

I was also really impressed by the area! Beautiful foliage and quaint villages, like this one, Wauwatosa:



Abe and I checked out some of the little shops in the village.

Following are a few more pictures of our time at the park. He loves to "help" me push the stroller; he pushes the basket below while I push the top:



He was absolutely enamored by the water beneath the bridge. He just sat there starring at it for the longest time!



Here he is enjoying some fruit:



And here he is hanging out on a bench:



We spent quite a while just walking around (he LOVES to roam! It takes forever to travel 10 feet, because he stops to pick up every leaf he sees!). Around 4:15, we went back to the college and read some books while we waited for Ryan. He came out around 4:25 with a positive report! He felt as though the interview went very well!

Then, the three of us went back to the mall and ended our day here:



YUM!!

We had a nice drive home, although we were quite tired. All in all, a great day! We should be hearing from MCW (Medical College of Wisconsin) in just 2 WEEKS!!! I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the pictures of your day. It looks like you and Abe had fun and I'm glad Ryan had a positive experience. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since there is nothing about the Abe and the car ride I will assume it went very well! Sooo YAY!!! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photo diary. I am glad Ryan had a good interview, but spending the day outdoors sounds more exciting.

    ReplyDelete