Monday, May 16, 2011

Old Pictures

I decided I better post, since it's been a while, but I don't have too much to share, so I thought I'd just put up some pictures that I never got around to posting.


This one was actually just taken last night at the Night of Worship. Abe is watching his daddy:




This is from Christmas 2009! I came across it the other day and Abe's facial expression cracked me up!




Abe LOVES to help clean the toilet! He likes swishing it around and watching all the bubbles--then, after I clean it and flush, he says, "ByeBye Bubbles." On a side note, I recently started using Soft Scrub to clean the toilet. I was out of bowl cleaner one day, so I just used what I had (the Soft Scrub), and I've found that it does a much better job (in my personal opinion, of course):




This one is just precious to me--I love it when Abe and Ryan wrestle around and have fun together:




This one was taken nearly a year ago when Abe first ate corn on the cob. Again, his facial expression makes me laugh! He really went to town on that ear of corn and managed to get quite a bit of corn off!




For a while, Abe's favorite pasttime was trying on our shoes!




Abe the giraffe, for Halloween this past year:




Well, as I was posting the pictures, something else did pop into my head that I decided to write about: We watched a house burn down the other day near Ryan's parents' home (it was a controlled fire they purposefully set fire to). It just amazed me how quickly what once was a house stood as nothing but a pile of rubbish. The same day, I found out that a man passed away in our apartment complex (same complex,not same building!), and no one knew for 3 weeks. (We found out because Ryan's boss was called in to do the clean up....which proved unfruitful and they ended up pulling the carpet out altogether). When they finally found him, his body had already turned black and had started to shrivel. In just 3 weeks. What a reminder of our frailty and how our life is but a vapor. We are but dust, and like the house that burned, so is everything around us. Oh to set our eyes on those eternal things that moth will not eat, nor rust destroy!

On the flip side, I have so enjoyed watching the tree outside our apartment bud its leaves. Every day when Abe and I have read books together, I've taken note of the growth progress. I have been amazed how quickly it goes from bare branches to tiny buds, to suddenly a fully bloomed tree! Much like a new human life; where there once was no child, there now is. We're looking forward to the birth of our neice in just 4 weeks. The beauty of new life! Isn't our creative Creator magnificent?

2 comments:

  1. I really don't know how to respond to this post....Especially the last parts...So I will conclude with saying this, Great pics! :0)

    ReplyDelete