I told Ryan that I am even excited for the hard times, the lonely times, the times when tears may be shed, because I believe I am going to experience an intimacy with Jesus that I haven't known before. I believe He will meet me in the quiet place when I don't have anyone else to turn to but Him. While there are specific plans God has for each of us to fulfill during our time on this earth, I believe that nothing is more precious to Him than being known by His children, and being able to reveal Himself to us as we open our hearts up to Him. So, while we're here in Wisconsin for Ryan to go to medical school, I beleive there lies a greater purpose--to know our God more fully. I am so excited about that. I am so thankful that we came here instead of staying in Peoria where it was comfortable and easy. I pray that God will be glorified in us.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. I'll post more as our rooms become settled--so far the kitchen and Abe's room are done, and the others are well on their way!
Everything carried down, waiting to find its place on the truck. No one stopped by to see if we were having a yard sale. I suppose the U-Haul clued them that it was a move, not a sale, but it sure looked like one!
Loading the truck-I was truly afraid it wouldn't all fit, but somehow, we managed! I should say, the GUYS managed :)
Checking out the place upon arrival--he's clothes-less because he threw up on the drive up. Typical! We've since placed our couch in front of the window, and he has really enjoyed looking outside, particularly searching for bunny rabbits.
Abram's new room--in his old "room", it was very, very dark, so he had a rough couple of days adjusting to a little more light. Thankfully, he went down great for both his nap and bedtime today. I asked him if he likes his new room, and he said, "Uh-huh!" (That's the affirmative for Abe!)
Thanks for reading, and thanks SO much for your prayers during this time of transition. We are so grateful!
I love it!! It looks great & I am excited for Abe to have his "own space" :0)
ReplyDeletelove you - erin
Alyssa,
ReplyDeleteYour second paragraph really hit home to me. I remember having those exact thoughts when Alex and I moved to Ecuador. Go back and re-read this/pray this when the tough times come. It's easier to think this outside of the fire than in the fire. God is faithful and will bless you and grow you.
With love,
Diane Paton
So excited for you guys and your place looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers,
Gab (and Brian)
Oh, Alyssa, it looks wonderful, and I'm so thankful that God has given you grace to get through it...that you're not feeling too lonely, etc for Peoria! I miss seeing you in church and am going to enjoy keeping up with you through your blog. thanks for posting! We will keep praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Kristen (and Benj & Jaz)