We had a sonogram last week, and Baby #2 is growing nicely and is as active as can be! Though it's still too early for them to give us a definitive answer, we're pretty sure it's another BOY!! As the sonographer was moving around, measuring different body parts, I caught a couple of glimpses of something that looked an awful lot like Abe's sonograms, if you know what I mean :) Ryan saw it too, and we both smiled at each other. Finally, I asked, "Is it a boy?" And after she took a good look, she said, "Yes, I think you're right! But, I don't want to say so 100%, because it's still early. I'll tell you for sure when you come back at 20 weeks."
SO, we can stop deliberating over girl names (we were having a terrible time), and now, we have it narrowed down to 3 boy names. We thought we were set, but now there are 2 other names that are contending for #1. I guess we'll have to see. Anyway, we're so excited for Abe to have a baby brother! And, I think they look a lot alike....Ryan tells me I'm silly, because you can't really tell from a profile sonogram, but hey, I can imagine can't I?!?! You can decide for yourself:
Baby #2 at 13/14 weeks:
Abram at 18 weeks:
In other news, it seems like Abe is changing so rapidly, both in his verbal and physical skills. It's amazing how fast they grow! He loves to "draw"--currently, his three favorite animals to draw are 1. an "elfant", 2. a "dio-soo" (dinosaur), and 3. believe it or not, a "walrus"! It's fun to see him imagine and create. As his language develops, he cracks us up at different things he says. He tells Ryan fairly regularly that "Dada's shoes stink!", and he is also on a kick of saying "It's SOOO nummy!" whenever he eats something. Hey, it makes a cook feel good :)
I'll update in a few days about how Ryan is doing since school started. So far, so good, but we're only a week in!
ALYSSA, so excited to hear about your pregnancy!! i just wanted to let you know that boys are so much fun. :) you have a lot to look forward to with your second one on the way! God is good! i hope all continues going well for your family. love, JOANNA
ReplyDeleteCongrats! :) That's so exciting! I agree with you, they do look pretty similar!:)
ReplyDelete