Time for the next grocery installment!
I'm super excited about some of the deals I got this week--Pick 'n Save had a "Double Double Daze" day on Saturday where they allowed shoppers to double 10 coupons (usually you can only double 5), so I definitely took advantage. They have a generous coupon-doubling policy--coupons up to $1.00 will double, so a $1.00 coupon becomes $2.00 off! Each item on the Pick 'n Save list is reflective of the amount after doubled coupons and store coupons. Anyway, here's what we got:
Aldi
1 gallon Skim milk: $2.19
1/2 gallon Whole milk: $1.79
1 yogurt cup: $.39
1 dozen eggs: $.78
2 3-pk. colored bell peppers: $1.98
1 pt. grape tomatoes: $.69
1 bunch bananas: $1.03
Total After Tax: $8.85
Pick 'n Save
1 bag whole grain Goldfish: $.98
1 jar Planter's peanut butter: $.39
2 boxes Teddy Grahams: $1.98
1 can Red Gold tomatoes with green chiles: $.09
2 packets Chi-Chi's mexican seasoning: FREE
1 box Post Honey Bunches of Oats: $.50
1 can pink lemonade concentrate: $.78
2 half gallon cartons of Kemp's Ice Cream: $4.00
1 bag McCain's frozen sweet potatoe fries: FREE
1 bag West's frozen green beans: $.78
3 jars Beech-Nut baby food: FREE
1 pkg. Johnsonville Italian sausage: $.50
1 gallon Skim milk: $1.99
1 jug Sunny-D: $1.00 (this was a special buy for my husband who thought I couldn't pass up this price--I told him it wasn't orange juice and was basically like drinking sugar, but he looked it up online and informed me that it got an A- for health, since it's the same calorie content as pure OJ and contains 100%DV Vitamin C--I'm still not sure I buy that, but I got it for him!!)
Total After Tax: $13.96
Grand Total So Far: $116.41
And for our meals:
Breakfasts:
scrambled eggs with peppers and spinach, toast
cereal, fruit
cinnamon toast, fruit
crepes with strawberry filling
steel cut oats with apples and raisins
strawberry smoothies with spinach, banana bread (made with yogurt, skim milk, berries, banana, and spinach-you truly cannot taste it, and Abe just gulps these down, so I've started putting spinach into all our smoothies! It's such a good way for him to get some healthy greens!)
Lunches:
orzo pasta salad with chicken and spinach, oatmeal rolls
roasted red pepper hummus with tortilla chips and carrot sticks
BBQ chicken sandwiches, cucumber salad
PBJ, apples, carrot sticks
chicken-spinach wraps (from leftover BBQ), apples
Dinners:
beef chili mac with cheese, cilantro, and avocado
sausage and bell pepper saute over penne pasta
chicken and black bean quesadillas with homemade salsa and avocado
frozen pizza, spinach salad
leftovers
CMA cookout-took a bag of chips
Snacks: brownies, popcorn, fruit, etc.
Can you tell I had a big bag of spinach to use up?!?! It seems to have appeared in a number of our dishes! Anyway, end of Week 3. Thanks for following along!
You skipped a week...You did week 1 & then this was the end of week 3...And you did not put banana bread into the smoothie, did you???
ReplyDeleteYour menu looks delish!!! I should try to make crepes & is the bbq chicken the bbq pork out of renee's that you made for us? I have made that since that time 2x and have LOVED it! Although one time I accidentally put 16x yes 16x the amount of chili powder..oops :0) (I liked it my family did not lol)
xoxo,
E-rab
16x?? How much is that?! That is the recipe I used. No, no bread in the smoothie! We had it alongside the smoothies. I think I did do the 2nd week-it's the first update one. And we adore crepes. Ryan said his mom made them a lot when they were young, so he has sentimental meaning attached and just loves them!
Delete