Monday, October 8, 2012

Fun in the Leaves!

Last week, the boys and I headed over to the park near our home to play teeball. As it turned out, the day was so windy that it was tough to play ball, but it was just perfect for playing in the leaves! The weather was crisp but comfortable, and from the vantage point of a 3-year-old (have you ever tried walking around on your knees for a while? The world looks much different from their perspective!), it was magical, with the leaves falling down on us in a rainbow of colors. The park has a lot of large trees and the city is quite slow in sweeping them up, so there was a very thick blanket covering the grass. Abe and I scooped the leaves into a huge pile while Charlie attempted to feast on them.

The boys had so much fun, and I was beyond bummed that I didn't bring my camera! We were expecting a cold front and rain that evening, ushering in much cooler temperatures and wet leaves, so I thought I had missed my chance. (Unless, I wanted red noses in the pictures, which I didn't!). SO, after their naps and to Abe's delight, we loaded up the wagon and headed back over!

Now, I'm not much of a photographer, and our on-its-last-leg basic Canon probably isn't the best tool, but I managed to get a few cute ones! Abe was far more interested in buliding another leaf pile than in taking photos, but Charlie, the charmer, was full of smiles!


Abe:




Charlie:




The best of MANY! of them together. Most of them include a 3-year-old making goofy faces!



Action Shot!


I hope you're enjoying fall as much as we are!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures!!! Yes we are enjoying fall too. Love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I officially have the two cutest nephews ever.. LOVE the pics!! Hope to see you guys soon!! Aubz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! (is Abe not wearing shoes???? brrr) :0)
    E-rab

    ReplyDelete