Friday, February 7, 2014

Taffy Pull

It has been a whirlwind of a week!  We were unusually busy both day and night, and I meant to get this up a while ago, but it just hasn’t happened.

Anyway, a couple of weekends ago we enjoyed a short trip to IL for Ryan’s cousin’s wedding.  On Saturday night, we had a taffy pull at my Grandma’s house!  I didn’t think we would have opportunity to see any of my extended family, and I hadn’t been to a taffy pull since I was a little girl, so I was really excited about the evening. I discovered that I am definitely NOT gifted in the art of pulling taffy, but there were a few pros in the bunch so the taffy turned out great!  We had a wonderful time!  Some pictures:

Evenings at Grandma’s house almost always include dominos!

20140125_194233

 

Pulling the taffy (or for me, trying to at least!):

20140125_200615

 

Maria and Charlie:

20140125_201414

 

Taffy drying:

20140125_202510

 

Grandma and her PJ-clad great-grandkids!

20140125_211326

No comments:

Post a Comment