Friday, February 6, 2015

Christmas

I realize it's now February, but for the sake of my own documentation and reflection, I thought I'd go ahead and post the few pictures I have from the Christmas season!  We had a beautiful Christmas this year, and with the uncertainty of where we'll be living next year (and how that will impact holiday travel), we were especially thankful to be able to spend significant time in Illinois with our families.

A couple of weeks before Christmas, Ryan and Shayne were both out of town for the weekend, so Emily and I took the kids the tree lighting in the village.  The tree lighting was a bit lame--they didn't count down or anything, and they turned on the lights a couple of minutes earlier than expected!  A bit anti-climactic.  But, the kids did love doing some crafts, drinking hot cocoa, riding on a carriage ride, and meeting Santa Claus.  We were front and center to see the local fire truck come blazing up and then Santa get off--the boys loved that!

Waiting to see Santa:



Beautiful horses!




Our little Christmas--Abe had been asking for weeks for a face mask that he could wear at recess--so excited to get one!



This year Abe bought each of us some gifts (with his own money!) at his school's secret shopping event--he got me some dishcloths--so thoughtful, since I had mentioned in passing that mine were getting worn out!  I love his face here as he is watching me open his gift:



Some bottle cap magnets he got Daddy--also so thoughtful since some of Ryan's magnets from school had gotten lost!  I don't have a picture of it, but he got Charlie a little snowman filled with chocolates.



Charlie-Bear opening one of his gifts:



Next, on the way to Illinois!




Funk Christmas-the "older" cousins with Uncle Alex:



This pictures makes me laugh!!


 
Leuthold Christmas- the boys FINALLY got their Jack-in-the-Box!  (Don't ask me why they have wanted one for so long!)...



Giving thank-you hugs:




And last, but certainly not least, a date night to celebrate 7 years with my wonderful husband!  Love you, Babe! (bad pic--in the dark on Ryan's phone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment