So many emotions filled me that day (and still are!), but the one I felt most was that of thankfulness. Thankful to Ryan for his dedication to his role of husband, father, and student. Thankful to our families for their tireless love and support. Thankful to our incredible friends who gathered around us here in Milwaukee. Thankful to our boys for understanding when Daddy couldn't be around sometimes and when we frequently told them "no, that costs a little too much". And most of all, thankful to our Heavenly Father, the Giver of all of the above, and Who carried us through and provided our every need--He is SO good and SO faithful!
Now, get ready for a graduation day photo bomb!
Our little family:
(As an aside, this one was taken 4 years ago at his White Coat Ceremony when it all began--I was pregnant with Charlie, and Abe had just turned 2! And, I can tell it was in August, not May--we are tan!!)
Ryan and his parents:
Ryan and his brothers:
Ryan and his grandparents:
Ryan and my grandma's:
Ryan and my parents:
Abe and great-grandma Funk:
Ryan with Mary and Nola (and Abe!):
Ryan and his boys:
The processional (can you find him?!):
Receiving his diploma:
He did it!!!!!!!!!
And it's finally official- Ryan T. Funk, M.D.:
I guess I "stumbled" onto your blog and thoroughly enjoyed your post. I am so thankful with you for graduation time, work and achievements accomplished by you both:) and a new beginning. The time will be filled with memories and one that grew you and taught you (I know from us;) and yet it is good to be on to the next phase. Especially with the little boys! We finished medical school with 3 boys too. It brings back a lot of memories. The hardest times seem to fade and the preciousness of life and every day seems to be foremost. God is faithful and I am praying for you in this next phase. We would have loved having you, but the Lord knew and I am thankful that you will be close to your families and their support. God be with you as you walk with Him in your new home.
ReplyDeleteLove in Christ,
Karen Kellenberger