Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Last Days in Milwaukee

Wow.  I drafted this post weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to adding the pictures and getting it posted!  Though it's been over a month now, here are some pictures of our last week in Milwaukee...

A picnic and walk along the Menomonee River:





A trip to the "Train Park" on State Street, the boys' favorite:
 
 
 

A final run to Trader Joe's for some of my favorite shelf stable items!  I was a little bummed to find that there wasn't one in Springfield...




A farewell get-together with our Imago Dei church family.  I am so very, very thankful for the community and fellowship God blessed us with over the last year and a half of our time in Milwaukee:




Abe and Charlie with their good friend, Brady:




A going-away party for Abe at his school.  They sent Abe to the principal's office to play the iPad for a while so they could make him a special book.  Then he got to sit in the teacher's chair and answer questions from the kids about the upcoming move.  He picked mini donuts to take and share with his classmates.  I teared up when hugging his teacher goodbye--she was so wonderful, and we had such a good first year of school!  P.S. It was Pajama Day--I don't usually send him to school in his P.J.'s!


 

 
And, this wasn't taken in Milwaukee, but since he has changed so much and is just so precious, Theo at 15 Weeks:



 
Next up, the Funk family trip to Gulf Shores!

No comments:

Post a Comment