Goodness, how can it be back to school time this morning? I just put Abe on the school bus for the first time, off to start the 1st grade. He was so excited! It certainly made it easier on this sad mommy this morning that I wasn't trying to console a nervous boy, too. I'm very excited for him, too, but I will miss him! When we got back from the bus stop, I asked Charlie what he was going to do all day without Abe. He said, "Well, you know!" I said, "I do? What? You'll have to tell me." And he replied, "Be with you, of course!" Sweet Charlie!
We met his teacher Monday night at Meet the Staff Night, and she seems just amazing. His relationships with classmates and faculty is something I have been praying over at length, and I felt so good after meeting her. Abe seemed very comfortable with her, too, and the classroom. He thinks his new school is really neat (and it is!)!
Some pictures from the morning:
My Abe--he is getting so old--I will miss him so much.
Charlie wanted in the pictures, too:
Crazy kid:
Just one more, Mom! And Charlie's hand!
Walking to the bus stop:
He looked up at me with a huge smile when the bus pulled up. "Do I get on?" he asked. "Yes, go ahead!" I said (trying not to cry)!! I heard the bus driver ask him his name, and then he walked on back and found a seat.
Hard to see his face here, but he had a huge grin and was waving at us!
We love you, Abe! Looking forward to a great school year. And since we've got a back to school post up, I suppose I should to a summer re-cap, too! Next up...







Hi Alyssa! Are you familiar with Moms In Prayer? It's moms who meet for an hour a week to pray for their children, schools and teachers. I've been in it since Sophia was in 1st grade and I'm now in a "College and Beyond" Moms in Prayer group. I can not recommend this highly enough!!! Check out momsinprayer.org to see if there's a group for Abe's school. (If not, you can start one.) I'd be glad to discuss this further if you'd like.
ReplyDeleteDiane, I will definitely check that out! Thank you so much for the tip! I'll be in touch if I have any questions :)
DeleteI hope and had a smooth start to school and a great first day! :)
ReplyDelete