We had a rough start to the morning; Daddy had to perform a minor surgery on Abe, as he had two splinters that needed removed! One was on the bottom of his foot, and his skin had already grown over it, and it was getting a bit red. The other was on his wrist and was easier to remove. Because of the nice weather, we had our windows open, and well, let's just say that I think the entire complex was awake too (it was 7AM though, which is reasonable for a weekday!). I'm thankful we caught them before they became too irriated and infected!
Anyway, onto the name of this post: english muffins! A few weeks ago, I came across a recipe for homemade english muffins, so I decided to give it a go. They weren't quite as airy as storebought, but they were extremely tasty and made for a healthy, filling breakfast. I used whole wheat flour, which may have caused them to be more dense and less airy. I took some pictures to document the experiment:
Cutting out the muffins:
Letting them rise:
Cooking them, in a
skillet:
The finished product:
Ready to eat!
YUM!
Yum! It surprised me you cook them in a skillet!!! Also funny how you post a new blog about food the same night I do. I just posted mine & then checked to see if you updated yours & sure enough! So I didn't copy you & I know you didn't copy, just kinda funny :0)
ReplyDeleteLooks good! I am suprised they are cooked in a skillet too...
ReplyDeleteAnd poor poor Abe :( No one likes getting splinters out, especially when you don't know why someone is stabbing at you! Glad you got them out, though.
Love you lots!