Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

A little late, but still, I hope you all had a beautiful Easter. It never gets old, does it? Praise Jesus! We had a lovely weekend, celebrating with my family on Saturday night, and Ryan's family on Sunday. Abe got a potty chair, so our bathroom has a new "decoration"...he loves sitting on it clothed, but he's not quite so sure when I take his diaper off!

I don't eally have a whole lot of new news to share, which I guess is why I haven't posted in nearly two weeks! Abe did a cute thing last night at dinner, so I guess I'll share that...

I put him in his high chair, and Ryan and I sat down in our seats. I looked at Abe, and he had his head bowed, eyes closed, and hands neatly folded. We hadn't said "Let's pray", or anything of the sort, he just did it of his own initiative! It was absolutely precious.

While Ryan prayed, I couldn't help but steal a look at Abe, and when I did, I struggled to maintain my composure....I had put some food on his plate already, to let it cool, and with his head still bowed, hands together, he opened his eyes, reached one hand out, took a green bean, and slowly brought it back to his mouth. He took a bite, head still tilted downward, his other hand still against his chest. Hopefully you can get a picture of how this looked....it was SO funny! I quickly closed my eyes, so I wouldn't be further distracted and disrespect the prayer....but I told Ryan after he closed, and he laughed too!

In other news, Abe's latest "trick" is pulling the chairs out from the dining table, climbing onto the chair, then onto the table. I was in the kitchen doing dishes after dinner one night, and I looked over at the table. There he stood, on top of the table, grinning from ear to ear, just waiting for me to look at him! He thought he was pretty hot stuff, totally oblivious of the danger that lurked just a foot away, should he fall. I have to keep on eye on him every moment!

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh!!! You better watch him, we don't want a broken bone! Very cute with the prayer I totally can picture it :0)

    ReplyDelete