Monday, October 3, 2011

Odds and Ends

Today's post is going to be a random conglomeration of sorts, as I have lots to share, but nothing very cohesive or one particular event enough to create an entire blog post. SO, here goes!

This past weekend, we enjoyed time at the Country Springs Hotel in Wisconsin with the Dill family. My mom and my Aunt LaRae were both celebrating a special birthday, so we gathered together to celebrate. It was a lot of fun to see everyone again and to spend time together! The hotel had an indoor water park as well, so we spent most of our time there. There were 3 big slides, and they were tons of fun! For an indoor park, it was very well done and there was a lot to do. Abe even got to go down some slides! He didn't dislike it, but I don't really think he liked it either! On Saturday night, my parents watched Abram so Ryan and I could go to the water park together--he had been studying all day, so it was his first chance to go--and it was wonderful!!! We went down slides together, rode the lazy river, and played a game of basketball PIG in the pool. It was actually our first "date" in about 3 months or more, so we enjoyed it immensely. The ladies took an outing to a nearby outlet mall on Saturday afternoon as well, where I found some good deals for the new baby! I just hope it really is a boy, or I'm going to have some returns to make! On Sunday, my parents stayed here in Milwaukee a while longer to spend some time with just our family, which was very special as well. Abram had SO much fun with his grandparents and aunts, and he was really sad when we said goodbye! We're looking forward to our next reunion already!

Next, a picture of my lunch today (and pretty much every day for the past week!):



For breakfast and dinner, we've definitely been enjoying some autumnal foods (soups, stews, roast chicken and vegetables, apple and pumpkin baked goodies, and creamy oatmeal, to name a few), but I'm still savoring the last of summer's bounty for my lunch each day! Our landlord had an abundance of tomatoes, so she graciously offered us as many as we could eat! Abe and I have had this fresh bruschetta almost every day-I'm not tired of it yet, and Abe loves it too!

On Friday this week, I have my halfway-point sonogram! I'm excited to find out the gender (for sure) and to see how baby is growing. The baby has been moving a lot, and Ryan's been able to feel it too! I have to say that I have so incredibly excited to meet this new baby, even moreso than I think I was with Abram. Now before that makes me sound like a terrible mom, let me explain! I was excited to meet Abram to the greatest extent I think was possible at that point, because I was still ignorant as to the feelings, the emotions, the joys and trials, and the growth that would come along with being a parent. Now, having experienced that so far with Abe, I know how amazing and beautiful it is, and I'm so excited to experience it all with another child.

Well, onto the next topic! Following is an assortment of random pictures:

Trying out Abe's winter coat (while it was still warm out, hence the shorts!):




At the apple orchard-it was a perfect, crisp, fall day:








Climbing "Straw Mountain" and going down the slide:






Abe and me at the Milwaukee Public Museum- the museum is free on Mondays for county residents, so we went with Emily and Brady to escape the gloomy weather we had for nearly a week straight! It was a lot of fun, and despite his straight face, he LOVED the dinosaurs! He just refuses to smile for a camera most of the time!






Abe in his beloved, all time favorite Moose jammies:




Well. I suppose that's all for now. We're looking forward to going camping this weekend with some of the Watchmen group from back home in Peoria, so look for that post early next week. And, of course, I'll update with a baby picture on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. It was great hearing about the good times spent with your family.

    ReplyDelete