The past few weeks, we've been working with Abe on memorizing Psalm 117--it's a simple, 2-verse psalm, so we thought he'd be up to the challenge--after hearing him wander around the house reciting from memory lines to his favorite books, we thought he was ready to start memorizing some Scripture!
It has been such a neat experience on several levels:
1. I have memorized Psalm 117 too!! It's been a good reminder for me to be hiding the Word in my heart as well (With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119: 10-11).
2. One prayer that I have prayed so consistently for Abe, and now Charlie too, is that they would have a love for the Word, that their delight would be in the law of the LORD (Psalm 1:2). God is truly answering this prayer, even at Abe's tender age! He asks us if he can practice his verses and is so excited about learning and reciting them.
O PRAISE the Lord, all ye nations; praise Him, all ye people. For His merciful kindness is great toward us: and the Truth of the LORD endureth forever. Praise ye the LORD. Psalm 117
I am finding out already how accurate John was when he wrote, I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. 3 John: 4
Melted my heart! What a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteAlyssa, this is so cute! I am so excited for the day that Jordan can start to memorize the Word too. That is really remarkable how clear and accurate Abe said the verse!
ReplyDeleteCharlie is beautiful. Congratulations!! Glad to hear things are going well so far. We love you guys and miss you so much. Love & prayers, Lid
That is awesome!!!!!
ReplyDeletethat is absolutely precious!!!
ReplyDelete