I was reading Emily's blog Friday evening, and I saw that they went to North Beach, south of Milwaukee in Racine, WI. She said that it was really nice and less crowded than the city beaches, so we decided to give it a try on Saturday. She was right! The beach was much more family friendly; the downtown beaches are often sprinkled with a few families amidst a sea of college students from the various universities, so it was a nice change of pace. We probably won't frequent it, since it's around 50 minutes away, but we'll definitely head back from time to time! Abe had an AMAZING time.
Walking down to the water:
The water was pretty chilly, but with the temperatures that day it was actually quite refreshing. Abe was quite the daredevil, splashing and falling into the water, laughing hysterically each time. It was so much fun! His little teeth were chattering by the end, but we could hardly pull him back onto shore!
He was really excited about using his new beach toys that he got for Easter. He has a little to learn in the art of sand sculpting though--Ryan and I both tried to build him castles, and each time the conversation went something like this:
"Abe, come look at this cool castle Mommy built for you!"
"Oh, a castle? Let me see..." and then his foot proceeded to land squarely on top of said castle. Oh well, he seemed to be content just scooping and dumping!
Sweet Charlie:
I finally got to use the HUGE canvas bag I received for Christmas! I remember Ryan teasing me when I got it because it was so large, but by the time you put beach towels, sunscreen, change of clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, drinks, etc. inside, it's a perfect fit!
The boys were both wiped out when we finally got home, and they both took great naps. We headed over to Shayne and Emily's for dinner that evening and had a wonderful time.
Abe and his buddy, Brady, eating their dessert:
Sunday was church in the morning and a CMA leadership dinner at our house in the evening.
A fast-paced but fun-filled weekend!
Funnn!!! Charlie looks super cute!!
ReplyDelete-erin