Each year, my dad and his three siblings take turns planning a weekend. It's always fun to see what adventure we'll take each year--we've discovered so many fun places! This year, Paul and Jean planned to go to the Wisconsin Dells. We stayed in a house, large enough to easily accommodate all 23 of us!
We rode over to the Dells with much thanks to Uncle Jerry, Aunt Doreen, Kaylin, and Teryn, who gave us a lift since our car was out of commission. It was great to catch up with them a bit!
After getting to bed (late!) on Friday night, we woke up and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. After cleaning up, we headed to Circus World! Abe especially seemed to enjoy it and even mustered up enough courage to feed the goats (thanks Teryn and Andi!!). We watched a "big-top" performance, and while it certainly wasn't what I would call a "big-top" tent, some of the acts were very impressive! I hadn't been to a circus since I was just a little girl, so I really enjoyed it.
After an afternoon of napping, we had dinner at Sprecher's and then an enjoyed my favorite part of the weekend: an evening of chatting, laughing, and munching--I always look forward to the "treats"--candy, bars, snack mixes, etc., and once again, I was not disappointed!
Sunday we had breakfast haystacks (delicious!) and then listened to a sermon for our church service. While the rest of the family went to a ski show Sunday evening, we actually headed home, as Jerry and Doreen needed to get back to Indianapolis early; my parents brought Abe back to us on Monday.
It was so much fun to have the whole family together! It always takes me back to when I was younger, and all the cousins put on wild theatricals for our parents and grandparent to watch! These sorts of trips probably won't always be possible as the family continues to grow, so I like to savor the time we do have. Just a few photos to share:
Abe loves trains, so this was a highlight! Here he is in front of an old circus car--he couldn't believe how huge they were up close!
The circus!
Eating his corn dog at Sprecher's--I could NOT believe he left the hat on!
This was taken at home, but we can't leave out Charlie!
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment