Friday, January 25, 2013

6-Minute Black Bean Soup



I love Panera's black bean soup. While I like pretty much everything at Panera, this is often my go-to choice. When I came across this recipe for 6-Minute Black Bean soup, I was excited to see how it compared! I honestly can't say which is better, without trying them side-by-side. What I can say, however, is that this recipe is awesome! It's full of flavor, filling and nutritious, incredibly easy and inexpensive. My only change would be to swap garlic salt for garlic powder, as I found it to be a tad salty for my taste. Alternatively, cooking the beans from dry rather than using canned would also lower the salt content quite a bit. Doctor it up however you like--we used sour cream, avocado, and cilantro with corn bread on the side. I think stirring in some salsa would be delicious too!

6-Minute Black Bean Soup

3 cans black beans, undrained
1 7oz. can chopped green chiles
1 tsp. cumin
1-2 tsp. garlic salt (or powder, to taste)
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a soup pot and blend to desired consistency (I like to leave some of my beans whole) using an immersion blender (or start with your ingredients in an upright blender and then pour into your pan).

Heat over medium until warmed through. Can be served immediately, or simmered longer to combine flavors if time allows.

Enjoy!

source: Biblical Homemaking

No comments:

Post a Comment