We started at the farmer's market. There were tons of people...after circling around the parking lot 3 times (along with a whole line of other cars) and each time being just one car away from getting a spot, we headed back up the hill to look for street parking. I finally found a spot and spent a long time doing a terrible job of parallel parking. When I was satisfied that we were at least close enough to the curb to avoid being hit or ticketed, we called it good enough and were on our way.
The market is tons of fun...lots of food vendors, live music, samples of cheese and sausage, homemade goods, and of course, fresh produce. This early in the season, there wasn't much to be had except spring lettuce, asparagus and plant seedlings, but it was still a wonderful outing. We ended up with a bag of mixed greens and a green onion bunch:
Just chillin' in the stroller:
After the library, we stopped at a few rummage sales. We had already hit quite a few the day before with Emily, Brady, and Maddie, so it was more just for fun than to search for anything. Abe loves looking at all the toys for sale!
By that point, it was nearly 1 o'clock, so we headed home for lunch and naps. The boys slept a long time! I took advantage of it and did some breakfast baking for the freezer. I love having some things on hand for hectic mornings or mornings that I oversleep. I ended up with a batch each of oat bran muffins, lemon scones, and cinnamon scones (unbaked), and 2 pans of baked oatmeal with blueberries.
After they woke up, we read the library books and then enjoyed a light dinner. I seriously think I could eat bruschetta every day and never tire of it. I LOVE it. And the spring greens from the market were tender and delicious! While I cleaned up, the boys enjoyed watching our neighbor's party from the kitchen window. They were grilling, listening to music, laughing a LOT, and playing Bags, oblivious to our boys watching from their perch above!
After dinner was cleaned up, we met Ryan in the village at Baskin Robbins for Abe to get an ice cream cone. He finally filled his "Ice Cream Chart"--40 days of good behavior (no deliberate disobedience + being nice to Charlie). It took him about 2 months (60 days) to fill in 40 boxes--not bad! He was so excited and so proud of his accomplishment. He told us "it was worth it", after he ate his cone! Every night that he put on a sticker, he told us that he was going to have "mint chocolate chip in a pointy cone", and that's exactly what he got!
Home again, reading his library books once more before bed.
What a full and beautiful day! Not every day is quite so smooth and fun-filled, and though I try to treasure both the good and the bad, knowing that it all is fleeting, I am especially thankful when the Lord blesses us with days like these!
No comments:
Post a Comment