Wow, it’s been a long time since I posted! We’re wrapping up the first week back at home after being gone for almost 2 weeks, so there’s been a lot of catch-up with laundry, ironing, getting the boys back on regular schedules, working on surveys, etc. We also squeezed a little holiday baking in this week!
But, it’s time I posted about our trip to Marco Island. The boys and I were so blessed to be able to go down to Florida with my dad’s side of the family during the week before Thanksgiving. The weather was unbelievable, the food delicious, and the company so sweet.
It was so refreshing for me—I think sometimes I just keep going through each day without realizing how much I’m physically chasing after the boys and meeting their every need. With my parents, aunts, and uncles being so helpful with them, I recognized how wonderful it was to have a hand, and in truth, I really enjoyed it! If I’m entirely honest, it can be very tiring caring for 2 little ones with no family nearby and with Ryan working long hours. There are plenty of times when I would love to drop the boys off at my mom’s for an hour just so I can go grocery shopping without them climbing all over the cart!
Overall, the boys did great on the plane rides and were well behaved. Abe discovered the amazing-ness of a thing called swimming (he wanted to be in the pool every waking moment!), and Charlie loved the sand. I was so glad they were comfortable with all of my family and had so much fun! I was really sad to leave Ryan at home, but I am glad we had the chance to go. It was a wonderful time.
Now pictures! I did a rather poor job of capturing anyone other than my boys, but here’s what I’ve got.
I thought this was a neat picture!
Enamored by all the shells:
We saw three dolphins swimming so close to shore! I tried to get a picture but couldn’t tell what I was shooting because of the glare from the sun. Obviously, I missed the dolphins, but I got this boat!!
Papa found a horseshoe crab!
Climbing the rocks- both boys were very brave!
Building a tower out of the cool magnets Grandma brought along:
The little fish!
Watching the sunset:
So beautiful!
I loved this—brothers holding brothers! And I realized afterward that both pairs were color-coordinated!
Most of the cousins in the pool:
I’m ready to go back already, particularly with the temps today!
No comments:
Post a Comment