As you know, Charlie turned two just over a month ago. Since then, his personality has grown even more, and he is truly his own little person (and quite different from his brother). He's given us a few good laughs recently, so I thought I'd document a couple of funny moments.
While in time-out one day: After a short time of him being in time-out, I hear Abe cracking up laughing from the hall, so I go back to check it out. Apparently Charlie had at some point taken a carrot from the fridge (like a long, full-size, unpeeled carrot). From inside his room, Charlie is sticking the carrot out from under his bedroom door. Then, the carrot slowly pulls back in. A moment later, it sticks back out and slowly slides all the way out again. This repeats itself a few times over. He and Abe are both giggling to near hysterics at this point, and I can't help but laugh too--pretty sure it was not a punishment to be alone in his room that time!
At the library the other week: while we were picking out books, Charlie just left and walked over to a woman a little ways away. He said, "Hi. I'm getting books!" I couldn't really hear what she said to him in response, but he mumbled a few more things, turned around and came back! A while after that we went to the bathroom. As we were leaving, a woman entered and headed toward a stall. Charlie stopped her and said, "Hi. Are you going potty?" She smiled and him and said that she was, and he said, "Well, there is soap and water when you are done." She laughed and thanked him and told him she would be sure to use it! Finally, as we were heading down the stairs to check out, he stepped right in the way of a gentleman coming up (so as to block him) and said, "Hi. Are you going up the stairs?" He laughed and said he was, and we each went on our way! He was apparently bit by the social bug before we entered the library! Thankfully, the adults he spoke to were kid-friendly, rather than annoyed...unfortunate, but sometimes it happens.
At Trader Joe's one day: we were walking out of the store, and I realized Charlie wasn't beside me. I quickly turned around and found him a few feet behind me in the entryway. He had spotted some graham crackers that someone had dropped and decided to stop and enjoy some. Beside the fact that they were on the floor, they looked as though that had been trampled by either a cart or some shoes on what I'm sure was multiple occasions. Charlie didn't seem to mind as he already had a mouthful!
Charlie collided with the coffee table a couple of weeks ago. While it wasn't exactly a funny moment, it is certainly characteristic of his fearless nature. This picture showcases his shiner after much healing had already taken place....it was pretty bad!
A few other random tidbits:
When we're in the car, he sings. Always. Usually "Jesus Love Me" or the "ABC's". And, he sings very loudly!
His latest favorite word is "Actually", and he uses it many, many times per day!
And, this is what happens when I offer him a taste out of the mixing bowl....
We love you, sweet Charlie!
No comments:
Post a Comment