Thursday, August 14, 2014

Abe's 5th Birthday

Well, I think it's about time I update this poor neglected blog of mine!  Between a busy schedule here in WI and a week down in IL, I just haven't made it a priority as of late. Today though, Abe's birthday post!

Abe turned 5 the last week of July.  I simply cannot believe it!  It seems like such a tremendous milestone.  We went shopping for school supplies yesterday, and again, I cannot believe it.  I am going to miss him like crazy!  He is such a big boy.

We let him open his gifts first thing in the morning, followed by a breakfast of cinnamon rolls and strawberries (his pick!).  Afterward, we went over Brady's house to celebrate his 4th birthday (he and Abe share the special day!) followed by lunch at home (bean burritos with fresh salsa, again, Abe's pick!).

For his birthday, we thought it would be fun to take him to the zoo and let him do all the things he always asks to do but usually gets a "Not this time, buddy" or a "Sorry, Mommy doesn't have any coins!"

He was very excited, and we ended up having a fantastic afternoon.  Of course, Charlie was also the beneficiary of many of Abe's fun things, too!

Putting a penny in the tornado thing-y (not sure what they are called!):

 
 
At the shark and sting ray special exhibit--both boys were brave and touched the rays!




Pressing a penny into a souvenir; Abe got a hippo, and Charlie got a rhino:




Getting a foot massage!  This was absolutely hysterical to watch.  Apparently most zoo patrons have never seen anyone do it either, because we got quite a few gawkers.  The chair just rattled shook Abe like crazy!  When he was done, Ryan said, "Well, Abe, what did you think of your foot massage?"  Abe replied, "Well... (pause).... It wasn't exactly what I expected!"  So funny.

 
 
Feeding the goats:



Riding the carousel.  Abe deemed this his favorite activity we did that day, and Charlie really enjoyed it too!  I, on the other hand, was quite dizzy and very ready to hop off when it was done!  I guess things are different when you're a kid :)





Afterward we headed home to have hot dogs and french fries (Abe's pick) and red velvet cake for dessert (also Abe's pick!).  It was a great day.

Happy 5th Birthday, sweet Abe.  Mommy is so very thankful for you and so proud of the little man you are becoming.  You are so kind, thoughtful, smart, sensitive, determined, sometimes mischievous, and so incredibly special to me and Daddy.  I can't wait to spend this next year with you--I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment