I was making caramel corn with Charlie today (Abe has been asking for it for a few days in a row, so we decided to surprise him when he gets home from school!), and I took this picture of him:
Then, I suddenly had the feeling I had been in this same scenario before...I went back through some photos from Fall 2011, and sure enough, there was one of Abe in the very same spot!
(I think Abe and I were making yogurt, not caramel corn, but it still felt the same!)
It felt very surreal to be doing something so similar with Charlie, just him and me, while expecting yet another baby (I was pregnant with Charlie in the picture of Abe). So crazy and so special! I've also been looking at the pictures and noting how very different our boys look from one another! (They are about 5 months age difference in these pictures, Abe 26 months and Charlie 31 months).
After that picture, Charlie asked if I would take a picture of him and me together, and I couldn't turn down such a sweet request!
We're looking forward to Ryan being post-call tomorrow and then the whole weekend off! May you have a blessed weekend, too!
This post warms my heart! Hope you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete