Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Long Overdue

I was reminded this past weekend that my blog still exists.... Sorry if you check often only to find the same old post from back in August!  Truthfully, I feel like our days our so full, and sitting down to compose a blog post just sounds like one more thing to add to my to do list. And, between birthdays, wedding announcements, bridal showers, and actual weddings, it seems that we've been traveling to Peoria nearly every weekend!  It has been a blessing to be close enough that we can partake in festivities we would have missed out on in Wisconsin, but we're learning that with Ryan's schedule and growing children, we do need to be careful to protect our family time.  

I'm trying to do better about taking pictures, but here are a handful from the past month or so:

Sweet Theo is changing so quickly.  He's already pulling up and walking around furniture and getting into things, which has required another element of supervision to be added to our life!  He is such a happy baby and so quick to smile.  We love him so much!

Loving being outdoors and the cooler fall weather!  



He is eating solids now and doing pretty well...we kind of bypassed the purees all together and are mostly doing soft finger foods.



Making new discoveries and things to play with!






A few weeks ago we did another cousin swap.  Erin and I met in Delevan to switch the kiddos.  This time, Oli came to our house and Charlie went to stay with Gia.  The boys had a lot of fun together!





 Reading our "Fireside Readings" book by the fire!




Abe was in the Glenwood Homecoming Parade with his cub scout troop!  Aunt Linda, Grandma D., and Andi came down to watch with us which meant so much to Abe!  It was really fun to be part of a community event like that and also very strange that I had a child in the parade--it really doesn't seem like that long ago and I was the one marching in it with the band!

There's Abe!  So cute in his uniform.  I learned that I am not very good at sewing....the night before I spent several hours sewing on his patches.




Charlie focused on gathering his loot:



He made quite the haul!



  And that's all for now.  Abe wants to have a hot cocoa stand (he made the sign already and is pretty set on it), and we're going to do it this coming Saturday.  I'll try to get some photos of that--we'll see how it goes!


1 comment:

  1. i still check your blog and am excited when there is a new post! :)

    ReplyDelete