Thursday, November 17, 2011

Visitors

After a little gentle harassment by my family this evening, I decided I better do a post. Truthfully, I thought it had been longer than it actually had--it's only been 10 days! Longer than usual, but not too bad. Anyway, this update takes me back a long way and is a bit overdue, but I feel it necessary to post!

On October 21, Ryan's cousin, Tyler, and his wife, Laura, came to Milwaukee to attend the Family Life Weekend to Remember conference. We were able to meet up with them downtown for a meal before their conference started. What wonderful company and conversation! We only wished our time together could have been longer.

On October 23, some good friends, Jake and Betsy, were also in the area for the conference. We were able to connect with them after their conference was over on Sunday. Oh, how we miss our friends! It was so fun and refreshing to be with them again. We're looking forward to getting the whole potluck group together over the holidays!

The very next day, October 24, my parents and grandma came up for a day visit. I hadn't seen my grandma since we moved in July, so this was especially special! The day was a bit chilly, but full of sunshine, so we went down to the lakefront for a walk along the harbor, followed by a delicious lunch (best tomato-basil bisque ever!!). We came back to our place and relaxed while Abe napped, and around 5 PM we met Ryan in the village for dinner. It was a wonderful start to our week! Here is a quick photo of Abe and my dad as we walked down to dinner:




Just a few days later, on October 28, Ryan's parents and brother, Alex, came up for the whole weekend. Again, this was the first time we had seen them since early August, so it was long overdue and wonderful to be with them. We ate at some fabulous restaurants, Ryan gave his dad and Alex a tour of the anatomy lab, his mom and I did a little shopping, we toured the Sprecher Brewery, and the boys even got a little swimming in at the hotel! We were just immensely blessed by their company and generosity toward us throughout the weekend. Here are just a few photos of Ryan's dad and Abe playing around:






This past week, on November 9, I met Ryan's mom and my sister-in-law, Erin, in Aurora, IL to do some shopping. I bought a few Christmas gifts, but mostly, I just enjoyed spending a girl's day out with them! (Abe was along too of course!!) He did really well on the 2 1/2 hour drive, and I'm hoping the same goes for the drive back to Peoria next week!

It was a fabulous 3 weeks of seeing loved ones! We are really looking forward to seeing everyone again soon in just a little while. I actually caved in today and put up our Christmas decorations--because we'll be in IL most of next week and from December 16 to January 2, I wanted to make sure I had time here to enjoy them! Abe and I put on some holidays music, and he helped me decide where everything should go, now that we're in a new home. A bit premature perhaps, but it sure did get me excited to head into the holiday season next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment