Thursday, May 9, 2013

Haircuts

Words can hardly describe how much I am loving the weather this time of year.  It just makes me happy to have the windows open and cool breezes blowing through!  I love how the sun has been pouring in our front window each morning, welcoming a new day. 

Today we met a friend and her two kids at the park.  Her husband is a fourth year medical student, and they are headed to Indianapolis in just a few weeks to begin residency in Emergency Medicine.  I'm super excited for them, but very sad to see them go!  I'm finding that this journey of medical school is tough in that respect, because when you interact with individuals who are going through the same thing, you understand one another and it creates this immediate connection.  But, moving away from one another is just inevitable, so there's always this "knowing" that the relationship is probably temporary.  Nonetheless, I'm so thankful for the different friendships the Lord has brought into our lives over the course of the past two years.

Next, I have to share this picture, because it's driving me crazy!  Charlie LOVES to read, and he's really been enjoying the book Daddy Love lately.  It has this picture in it, and every time I turn to this page it catches me off guard, because I think it looks SO much like Ryan!  Does anyone else agree, or am I just seeing things?!?!



And lastly, to get to the topic of the post, the boys got haircuts tonight!  Abe is headed to Illinois for a week, and we decided we probably shouldn't send him there looking like a ragamuffin.  (sorry for the terrible quality of these photos!)

Before!



Laughing because it tickles!  (Of course, minutes later he was having a hysterical meltdown because he got hair in his mouth....)

 
 
After!

 
 
Charlie's turn!

 
 
 
After!

 
 
All ready for warm weather!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa! i've never thought about it before, but you're right, the Daddy Love dad does look like Ryan. Amazing. The boys' haircuts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete