Last weekend we met Ryan's family in Schaumburg for an overnight celebration for Father's Day and Alex's Birthday. We had a great time!
We arrived around 10:30 AM and wandered around a few shops with Dusty, Erin, and kids before meeting up with Dad, Mom, Isaac, and Alex for lunch at Portillo's (yum!! I was reeeeally hoping we would go there!). After lunch, the guys took the kids swimming while the ladies got to go shopping. I was excited to spend a little birthday money and had good luck, too!
After a successful shopping excursion, we went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Jami Calame from the Chicago church was so gracious to watch our kids so the adults could have a nice dinner out! We went to Texas de Brazil and enjoyed the most amazing cuts of meat, cheeses, vegetables, and salads. While I completely adore our boys, I'll admit that it was refreshing to just be out for the evening with my husband and the family, to talk without being interrupted, to eat my food while it was still hot, and to not concern myself with their needs, safety, etc. for a time.
The group outside of Texas de Brazil:
My hubby and me:
After dinner, we wandered around the mall and got some coffee. Back at the hotel, we set Jami free from being cooped up in a hotel room with 4 crazy children--so thankful to her for watching them for us! Then I opened some birthday presents and soon after, the party wound down for everyone to get some sleep.
Oliver reading a story to Abe--so sweet!
The next morning was leisurely with breakfast and some swimming.
Our little swimmer (and Oli in the background!):
Charlie and me--I thought this picture was funny, because he requested a picture of him and Mommy after I had just taken one of Abe and Daddy swimming....and this is the best we got! He looks like he is being tortured into a picture!
Dad opened his Father's Day gifts and then we headed to Ikea. It was a quick trip through the enormous store, but we all made it out with a couple of goodies.
Then we bid farewell to our family, the close of another too-short time together. Mom and Dad, thank you for an amazing weekend! We love you so much!



No comments:
Post a Comment