Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Girl's Day!

It has been too long since I've posted!  For some reason, I wasn't able to access Blogger via our desktop, which is where all my photos were stored.  I kept thinking they would resolve the issue, so I was waiting, but I finally gave up.  I had been putting off transferring them to Ryan's Mac (which was allowing Blogger), because I'm just not technologically savvy with it, at least not beyond checking my email and Facebook!  It's just a bit different than a PC which is all I've ever used... But, I did it!  So now, onto a much-later-than-hoped-post about an amazing day we had...

A couple of weeks ago, we were blessed with a visit from the "Dill girls".  As a special Mother's Day treat for my cousin Meg, my grandma, and myself, my mom and Aunt Linda planned a day of fun for the kids while they sent us away for a girl's day out!

Meg, Grandma, and I went to Le Reve, a little French patisserie, for lunch and then on to Tip to Toe to get a pedicure--so lovely!  Sadly, though Meg and I both brought our cameras for pictures of our outing, we both forgot!  We browsed a local bookstore after the pedicure before heading back to our house.

While we were away, the kids did some painting, had a picnic lunch, and played at the park!

Charlie painting:



Maria and Abe:



Picnic!



Sweet Eva:


Grandma, Abe, and Aunt Linda:



The kids and great-Grandma--the only way to get them to cooperate was to distract them with the "excitement" of being up high on the balcony!



Chatting and resting completed the afternoon, and then we met Ryan at Cranky Al's for pizza around 5PM.  The whole crew at Cranky's:



What a perfect, wonderful, relaxing day we had!  Thank you all so much for coming--it truly meant the world.







1 comment:

  1. Aw so awesome! Thanks for sharing about the trip. I was hoping Aunt B had made it!! :)

    ReplyDelete