Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting Excited for Baby!

With Baby Boy #2's arrival date just 6 weeks away (hopefully not longer!!), I've been in the mood to do some deep cleaning, rearranging, organizing, and freezer cooking! It seems like Abe knows it's getting closer too (possibly because my tummy keeps getting bigger!), because every day he asks about his little brother and talks about what they're going to do together once he "comes out"....it's really sweet to hear him! He said that he's excited to show him "tricks"! The other day he told me that "Jesus loves me (Abe), and Jesus loves Mommy, and Jesus loves Daddy, and Jesus loves Brother!" Except, he used the baby's actual name which I don't want to unveil publicly just yet :)

Anyway, the diaper basket is full of tiny little newborn diapers and sweet little newborn and 0-3 month clothes are clean and waiting in his drawer! I've done a small bit of freezer prep and cleaning that I know I won't feel like/have opportunity to do once he arrives, and I hope to continue that over the next few weeks. Possibly the most important "task", however, has been to spend quality time with my little Abram.

Here are a few pictures of some of our progress:

Abe LOVES his new big boy bed! And I love it too! It makes for great story time and snuggling!




A view of the room:




The front of the crib is back on, and the mattress has been raised to the top for baby:




Mommy at 32 weeks (though I'm actually 34 weeks as I write this...):




I'm feeling far more uncomfortable this time around than I was with Abe, and I'm definitely at the point where I'm ready to have this baby out of my tummy and into my arms! I just can't wait to meet him! But, I also know it will change our lives in a very dramatic way, so for that, I'm hanging on to these last 6 weeks with just our family of 3.

Check back soon for a fun post on an hour-by-hour look at one of our days! I got the idea from a friend who recently did the same on her blog, and I found it to be so fun to read! Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment