Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow Adventures

Last week we had our first bit of substantial snowfall! It's been unusually warm and snow-free for our area, so now people have teased that we won't see the ground again until May! We'll see.

Anyway, Abe watched the snow fall all day on Thursday and begged to go outside!



But by the time it warmed up enough, it was time for his nap and he was way too tired to skip it. SO, it wasn't until Friday that we ventured out to play. It took nearly 20 minutes just to get us both dressed for the occasion! But it was worth it. Abe absolutely loved it! We stayed outside for about an hour and a half, rolling and crawling through the snow, learning how to make snowballs, and riding on his sled. Unfortunately, we haven't made it to a hill to go sledding yet-- Hopefully some Sunday afternoon we'll get an opportunity to do that! Ryan had to study while Abe and I played on Friday, so he's looking forward to being outdoors with us too.

I think Abe would have stayed outside all day if I had let him, but I could tell he was cold, so much prodding and promises of a warm treat finally coaxed him indoors! Here are a few more pictures of our snow play:








Today was a beautiful, sun-shiny day, and I would have loved to take him back out! But since our thermometer only saw a high of 3 degrees and sat at 1 for the majority of the day, we opted to stay warm inside...
I hope wherever you're reading from is warmer than here!

3 comments:

  1. I think our boys are in the same boat! When we took Abel outside, he could've been out for the whole day, I think! I am sure I was getting colder waaaay before him :) What a fun time to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a bit warmer in IL but not much! I like the new sidebar px too - and am glad you posted the archives.
    Stay warm!
    love
    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Abe's hat!!! What a cute little guy! I wish I could come and play in the snow with you all! Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete