Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our Day

First off, sorry to those of you who may have been checking frequently for this update, since I ended the last post with "Check back soon"...I really did intend to post this last week! So, though it's late and this day is actually a week old now, here is the post! I thought about doing yesterday hour-by-hour instead, so it would be more recent, but it took a lot of effort to write down every single thing we did, so I decided against it!

Last Tuesday, 1/10/12:

6:30 AM- Woke up and cuddled with Abe for a few minutes

6:35 AM- Took Abe potty and got him milk

6:40-7 AM- Made breakfast: Butterscotch Oatmeal and Strawberry Smoothies (we didn't care much for the oatmeal, by the way...) and packed Ry's lunch

7-7:30 AM- Ate breakfast/family devotions

7:30 AM- Ryan left for school

7:30-8 AM- Cleaned up breakfast dishes and talked with Abe while he finished eating

8-8:10 AM- Snuggled in Abe's bed and read his animal book

8:10-8:20 AM- Got Abe dressed, brushed teeth, combed hair

8:20-9:10 AM- Abe watched Bob the Builder while I: showered and dressed, made the beds, sorted laundry and started a load, made coffee, poured coffee, and checked my email/facebook while drinking coffee

9:10-9:15 AM- Took Abe potty

9:15-9:50 AM- Read Abe's new library books

9:50-10 AM- Dryed my hair and got ready while Abe played with his farm

10-10:30 AM- Switched clean clothes to the dryer and started a new load, made a batch of laundry soap, put away dry breakfast dishes, and got Abe a snack (he "helped" me with these chores!)

10:30-11:30 AM- Crafts with Abe- Made a "Big Cats" picture with lions, leopards, tigers, etc., and talked about the Letter 'B'

11:30 AM- 12 PM- Put cinnamon roll dough ingredients into the bread machine and got lunch ready

12-12:30 PM- Ate lunch, cleaned up lunch, started dishwasher, got laundry out of dryer, and put next load into dryer

12:30-12:45 PM- Folded and put away clothes

12:45-1 PM- Took Abe potty and settled him down for his nap

1-1:15 PM- Read a few stories to Abe and tucked him into bed

1:15 PM- Abe went down for nap and cinnamon roll dough was ready

1:15-1:45 PM- Rolled and cut dough, prepared it for the freezer (part of getting ready for baby!! Ryan loves cinnamon rolls, so I thought I'd make some to bake easily some morning after the baby comes--apparently, if you freeze them right after cutting, before the last rise, you can treat them just as you would a ButterBraid--take them out right before bed and let them thaw/rise on the counter overnight. In the morning, bake fresh! I'll let you know how this turns out--I've read MANY posts on it to make sure people had success with it before I spent precious time and ingredients on a flop! I'm hoping to do the same with some orange rolls too (Ryan likes these even more than cinnamon rolls!).

1:45-2:30 PM- Took surveys online (I had a lot to catch up on), checked email and facebook

2:30-3:40 PM- Quiet time- read my Bible readings for the day (I'm following a "Read the Bible in a Year" Plan, and so far, it's going very well!) and prayed

3:40-4:15 PM- Got last load from dryer and folded and put away, cleaned up cinnamon roll dishes

4:15 PM- Abe finally woke up! He's been taking really long naps lately.

4:15-4:20 PM- Took Abe potty and got him milk

4:20-4:30- Talked with Abe and Daddy in the living room (Daddy got home early!)

4:30-5:15 PM- Made dinner: Chicken and Rice Casserole and Green Beans and emptied the dishwasher and set the table while it baked (Yes, it did take me 25 minutes to empty the dishwasher and set the table!! Everything takes longer when you have a little guy to stumble over :)

5:15-5:45 PM- Ate dinner/family devotions

5:45-6:10 PM- Cleaned up dinner dishes while Abe and Daddy played

6:10-7 PM- Made Play-Doh lollipops with Abe and played with his doctor kit (his favorite thing to diagnose is "bugs in the ears" and then to prescribe "medicine" to help them go away :)



7-7:20 PM- Made popcorn and cleaned the Stir Crazy, took Abe potty, and took Daddy some popcorn

7:20-8 PM- Watched Veggie Tales with Abe (I also read while I "watched")

8 PM- Abe went into our bedroom and told Ryan, "Daddy, it's time to play!"--possibly the favorite moment of the day for BOTH of them!

8-8:20 PM- Family time/play

8:20-8:30 PM- Put Abe's PJ's on, brushed his teeth, took him potty, said prayers, and tucked him into bed!

8:30-9:30 PM- I read while Ryan studied

9:30-10 PM- Watched an episode of "Lie to Me" with Ry

10-10:10 PM- Got ready for bed

10:10-10:20- Talked a few minutes in bed, still deliberating over this baby boy's name. Ryan is really starting to get concerned and antsy that we don't have a name nailed down for him! We're feeling like there are other names we're interested in, but I don't think we can change it on Abe at this point in the game.. I think it will be so special to bring Abe to the hospital to meet this baby he's been referring to by name for nearly 6 months now! We'll see what happens.

10:20- Lights out, Good Night!!

Whew!! It was a pretty full day, as I reflect on it now! I hope you enjoyed. Next post, pictures of our Snow Day!

1 comment:

  1. Did you find that maybe you planned a yummier breakfast & dinner than usual b/c you knew people would know? That is what I would do, I would be like hmm how can I make this sound like I do lots of stuff & fancy at that! :0) And some advice - do not keep a name based soley on the fact that, that is the name Abe knows. It isn't like Abe is Oliver & won't be able to figure out how to say it for another month or so - he will catch on & it won't be a big deal...plus you really think he knows that the baby you are going to be holding really came out of your belly??? Just give him an animal or something & tell him that his name is ***** (the name you called your baby) :0) Love ya!

    -erin

    ReplyDelete