Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3 Days In...

So, here we are, 3 days in to Ryan's second year of medical school. So far, so good! He's really excited about his classes this year, and he said that as soon as he was back, it seemed as though he had never left at all. After his first class, he made his way to a proverbial "Nerd Room" (a section of in-high-demand private study rooms) and felt right at home!

MCW recently renovated a large part of the building, and we were able to tour it last week. It's truly stunning. The anatomy lab, in particular, is fabulous, like out of a movie or something. Ryan said it almost made him want to repeat the course....almost.

We're trying a new schedule this year. Remember last year when we had our time for Abe and Daddy play time, family time, and "Us" time? Ryan felt that he might like it better to spend a longer chunk of time studying at school, rather than have his evenings so broken up. For me, I won't be spending my evenings caring for the boys largely solo, which can get long at times.

As it stands, Ryan leaves home at 7:30. He doesn't start class until 9, so after his 20 minute bike ride in, he's left with about an hour of prep time before class. He then spends the day at school in class/studying until 6PM. He gets home around 6:30 for dinner, and then the rest of the evening is completely open. He'll head into school on Saturdays as well for the same time frame, though he won't have class on those days. The days themselves are longer, yes, but somehow it seems so much better to not have him behind our closed bedroom door for much of the evening!

So far, it's going well, but we've only just begun. We'll see where it goes from here.

In other, unrelated, news, Abe went to Sunday School for the first time this past Sunday! We didn't give him a whole lot of preparation, because it didn't occur to us until we were getting ready for church that the 3-year-olds have a class! I would have liked to make a big deal out of it for about a week prior, but I guess 3 hours is better than nothing! He was hesitant at first (which I completely expected), but he loved it. He's been jabbering on and on about it all week so far, and he said he's excited to go back!

Well, I hear Charlie rousing, so I should close. He has his 6 month check-up Friday (WHAT??? How can he possibly be half a year old already?!?!), and Abe has his 3-year, so I'll update on that on Friday afternoon! And of course, I'll post another recipe on Friday as well, ice cream this time!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment