Friday, August 24, 2012

The Doctor "Check-Out"

When the doctor entered the room, Abe approached her and said, "Are you here for my check-out?"

She laughed, and the rest of the visit was full of laughter from there on out! Abe was quite talkative and excited to show her all sorts of tricks and skills. Together, they jumped on one foot, hopped up and down, walked on their tip-toes, sang their ABC's, and turned the lights on and off. He had so much fun, he's excited to go again, even with his unexpected shot!

I had explained to Abe that we were going to the doctor for a check-up and that he and Charlie were both going to have appointments this time. He asked if Charlie would have to get any shots, and I said, "Yes, but you won't have to!" He seemed to breathe a sigh of relief and just looked forward to the visit.

Well, I didn't anticipate two things: 1. the flu vaccine would be available this early, and 2. the Prevnar (I think?) immunization has changed since Abe received his last dose, so he needed a bit extra to make up the difference. I explained this to Abe, and he told me he was okay with going ahead with them.

SO, both boys ended up with shots this time (though Abe did get the flu vaccine in his nose), but they both did well! Abe received 6 stickers and a red plastic ring for being such a brave patient! Charlie was very good during his portion of the appointment too.

Here are their stats:

Abe at 3 Years-
Height: 37.7 inches (50%)
Weight: 31.5 lbs. (50%)

Charlie at 6 Months-
Height:27 inches (75-85%)
Weight: 18 lbs. (50-75%)
Head Circ.: 43.5 cm (50-75%)

Though I hadn't expected to have any problems regarding their health, it's always reassuring to see a physician and be told that they're healthy and growing well...certainly something I don't want to take for granted! I'm so thankful for our two sweet boys!

1 comment:

  1. This makes me DREAD Oliver's 3 yr. apt. Last apt. he refused to get weighted or his height measured..he had to do everything the infant way!

    ReplyDelete