Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A New Look...

Well. This will probably qualify as the most impractical and embarassing post I've written, but, write it I must.

As some of you know, I'm an "employee" of various survey companies. I take their surveys, and in return, I'm awarded cash or points which can be redeemed for paypal cash or credit for an online retailer. The hourly wage can be quite good at times, and other times, it's fairly pitiful. But, the way I see it, if I'm home anyway and have the opportunity, I may as well, because every little bit counts for us!

One of the most lucrative (and fun!) areas of the survey work is the product tests. We've been able to sample a wide variety of products, some before they hit the market, and other current products that the manufacturer is looking to change in some way. We've sampled diapers, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, cologne, perfume, juice, coffee creamer, and more! In addition to the free (full-sized) products, I'm awarded additional points for completing a follow-up survey, so these are easily my most longed-for survey opportunities.

Until this one.

I've been asked to sample a hair coloring product. Of course, it's a non-permanent that washes out within 28 washes, and because I wash my hair daily, it will only last me about a month. But still. I'm a little leery of a box dye, and I'm even more leery of posting the before and after pictures for you all to see! They've asked me to review it on my personal blog if I have one (which, evidently, I do), as well as complete my review for their company.

Now, the choice of color is up to me, but they've requested that it actually be a change, so I can most accurately assess how it worked. This particular dye is ammonia-free, so going lighter won't work too well. That really only leaves me with red or brown. Of course, they have a number of shades within those ranges for me to select.

I've not yet chosen the shade. I plan to wait until after my family gathering this Labor Day weekend. That way, in case it's dreadful, I won't have to see any of you until it washes out! Haha! But, I will keep you updated here on the blog.

All I can say is that the points for my follow-up better be big! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. You will however see me...This could be a fun little girl thing we do next weekend though...I would love to dye your hair for you!!! We could go pick out a color together...Come on...PLEASE! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've GOT to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I can't wait to see these pictures! I love the color red!!!!!

    ReplyDelete