The boys adjusted quite well to being back home, despite the decrease in attention without so many people around. However, Charlie continued to struggle at night, waking quite frequently. Given his age and weight, we know it isn't a matter of needing to eat, rather a matter of wanting food (and Mommy!!). With Ryan starting school soon, we decided it was now or never--we've had him cry it out over this past week. We had to use the same technique with Abe in order for him to sleep through the night too. Though it isn't ideal, our pediatrician warned that the older they get, the harder to break those poor sleep patterns. The first two nights were pretty bad, but after that, he only cried for brief periods once each night. And last night, PRAISE THE LORD!!! He slept from 8PM to 5:40AM!!! Oh how I hope and pray it continues!
Charlie also starting eating solids, and he is LOVING it! A little too much, in fact...he's pretty demanding and can eat quite a lot for a little guy!
Yet another accomplishment--he's sitting all by himself for extended periods of time without toppling over! It's been fun to see the boys interact more now that Charlie can do more than just lie around.
Abe is becoming quite proficient at playing baseball and is making great strides in riding his tricycle! Each time we go out, he needs less of a "boost" to start moving, and he can steer quite well now too.
One evening, we headed out to "Tosa's Night Out". I am so disappointed that I don't have pictures to show of this event--it was so much fun! The idea is to promote a safe community, so there were police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks for the children to explore. Abe had his first (and hopefully only) ride in the back of a police car! He was a little nervous to go inside the ambulance, but he thought the fire truck was really neat. There were also inflatable bouncy houses and slides and free ice cream (which I think Ryan enjoyed a little more than Abe!). The evening ended with a flashlight walk and a fireworks show, but we didn't stick around, as we were in the process of getting Abe back to his normal bedtime (since he stayed up super late on our IL trip!).
Ryan has been helping out at school quite a bit with the M1 Orientation--it's hard to believe that it's already been a year since that was us! I was also able to participate in the Spouses Panel during orientation week. While I wouldn't classify myself as a flowing fountain of wisdom on the topic, having only been through the first year, it did feel good to sit on the other side of the table and share a bit of how we successfully navigated our first year of medical school. If not for the grace of God, it would have been a loss!
We've been continuing with our running, and dare I say that I'm actually beginning to enjoy it?!?! It's becoming easier each time we go too, and while I've got a long way to go if I ever really want to run a marathon, I'm excited at the progress we've made so far!
A few CMA meetings and the kick off event this weekend have kept us busy as well.
To end it up, per Abe's request, another photo of the boys together:
Thanks for reading!
A little jealous of Charlie sitting up! Molly is just not strong enough :) Ah well, we'll get there. Love your updates always!
ReplyDeleteYour boys are as darling as ever! We miss them and you so much! We're considering moving to Wisconsin, we're so desperate! :)
ReplyDelete