Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hair Update and Post Labels

So, remember how I was supposed to dye my hair and review the product (Clairol Nice 'n Easy)? I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the color to fade so I could give a good review of the "beginning to end", but it's been 51 days since I dyed it, and it's still brown! The color has certainly faded somewhat, but it's nowhere near my original color. According to the box, the color only lasts 28 shampoos, and mine has lasted nearly double that! I suppose this is a pro, if you're thinking in terms of value, but in terms of the product doing what it says it will do, I would consider it a con. Generally speaking, for an at-home hair color kit, it is a fine product. Abe took this picture of Ryan and I the other day, and it shows the color well:


It was certainly a fun experiment, and I'm very accustomed to my brown hair! I've seen myself with it so many days now that it just seems normal. I just hope it fades rapidly enough to avoid any roots showing as my hair grows.

(By the way, that is my Better Homes and Gardens magazine in Ryan's hands--I guess you know you're married to a medical student when he starts confiscating your magazines to look at all the drug advertisements in them!)

On another note, I've recently assigned labels to each of my posts. If you look along the sidebar on the right, you can access the posts according to category. I know some of our family, in particular, especially enjoy posts about our boys, so this will enable easy access to all those posts. I'll do my best to clearly categorize each post, and hopefully this will prove useful to some of you!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the hair color! It looks so great on you.
    How did you do the labels on your page? I would love to do that on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHen you do a post, there is an option to assign labels on the righthand side. After you assign it to a post, it will automatically appear on your sidebar.

      Delete