This Thanksgiving 2012 morning began in the quiet stillness of the early morning, thanking God for His goodness and for the countless blessings He has given us. Now that the pumpkin pie is cooling and the turkey is roasting, I have a moment to share my thankful list. Today I'm Thankful For:
1. the love of God
2. that Jesus died on the cross to pay for my sin and then rose victorious over death
3. the beautiful blue skies outside my window
4. the adorable little boy sitting at my feet, babbling, chewing on a sippy cup, and turning up to me to smile from time to time
5. the blonde-haired little boy sitting across the room from me, who challenges and blesses me daily with his wit, his sharp mind, his humor, his kindness, and his strong will
6. the opportunity to be a mother to these two and understand even in part how deep is the love of God
7. the brilliant, ruggedly handsome :) man I am blessed to call my husband and who loves and serves our family so well
8. how God is using these 3 boys, among other things, to refine me and make me more Christlike, as hard as it is sometimes to be made aware of my sin and selfishness
9. our dear families who love us and our boys so much, and who we love so much too
10. our precious friendships, so many that have spanned time and distance
11. the new friends we've made here in WI, who we never would have met had God not brought us to this place, at this time
12. clean water
13. plentiful food
14. clothing
15. a warm, comfortable dwelling place
16. good health
17. the warmth, thrill, joy, and sparkle of the Christmas season that is now upon us
18. Christmas songs: I look forward to them all year and never get sick of them!
19. the technology that allows me to communicate this list with all of you!
20. that though I don't know the future, I know Who holds it all in His hand, and He is Good, He is True, He is Faithful, and He is Love
And on it goes.
May you rest in God's Love today--Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment