Friday, April 5, 2013

Cucumber Bites

 
 
 
I made these cucumber bites for an Hors d'oeuvre party a few months ago, and I will definitely make them again.  Especially with springtime upon us, these bites are perfect!  The garlick-y filling is an excellent match for the cold, crisp cucumber.  They're incredibly simple to make (it took me all of 10 minutes to put them together) but so very pretty!
 
The original recipe calls for garlic-herb Boursin cheese, which I did use.  Perhaps my palate is a bit unsophisticated, but while I loved how these tasted, I thought they would have been just as delicious using a flavored cream cheese spread instead.  This would also reduce the cost quite a bit and probably appeal to a wider audience.  Either way, these cucumber bites would make a perfect addition to a springtime luncheon, baby shower, or bridal shower!
 
 

Yield: about 18 pieces

source:  Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment