While Ryan prefers tried and true favorites (like tacos), he is always on board with me trying new recipes. Still, whenever I put dishes like this on the table, he tends to eye it with a bit of suspicion, particularly if it doesn't have any meat. He'll tease me with a "Hmmm, and what are we having tonight, dear?" :)
I'm glad to report that he went back for seconds and thirds of this nutritious meal. Roasting the veggies makes them so flavorful, and the quinoa offers a punch of protein that compensates for the lack of meat. It was super simple to put together for a weeknight meal, and everyone loved it!
Quinoa Salad with Roasted Tomatoes, Broccoli, and Feta
Yield: about 6-8 servings
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups veggie stock (*I used chicken as I didn't have veggie on hand)
4 oz. crumbled feta, divided
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
Olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups veggie stock (*I used chicken as I didn't have veggie on hand)
4 oz. crumbled feta, divided
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the tomatoes and broccoli on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine well. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until the veggies are just tender, about 30 minutes. About 5 minutes before the baking time is up, add the garlic to the pan and toss to mix well.
Rinse the quinoa well in a fine mesh sieve before using. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and broth. Cook the quinoa according to the package directions, until tender and fluffy. Set aside. *I cook just like rice--bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Allow to rest 5 additional minutes, covered, before fluffing with a fork.
When the quinoa is cooked, add the veggies to the pot and stir to combine. Stir in about three quarters of the feta. Serve, topping with a sprinkle of additional feta if desired.
source: Annie's Eats
yum, this looks delicious!!!
ReplyDelete