Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Miscellaneous

The weather has been perfectly miserable here so far this week, and there's a chance of snow on Friday!  Sunday, it's finally supposed to be in the mid-50's, but of course, it's also supposed to rain all day.  Come on warm weather!  We're ready to be outside!


About a month ago, we had the boys' pictures taken.  I really wanted to get them done for Charlie's 1 year birthday, and with a Groupon deal, I was able to get Abe's taken too for the same fee.  I was really happy with how they turned out!  I had wanted more traditional portraits for the frames we already had, and these captured them both really well at their ages.  Abe, always a ham for pictures, full of energy, and Charlie, this face is SO him right now!  It's kind of a mix of inquisitiveness and "did I get caught?"!  Unfortunately, due to copyright, I can't put them on my sidebar, but I wanted to at least share them!








Last week, I won a free pizza!  Woohoo!  Ryan and I both get Papa John's texts (about once a week, showcasing a particular special) which also enters you in a random free pizza drawing.  I've won twice now!  Pretty fun!  We decided to get it on Friday, so I headed out around 5 PM to pick it up.  It was quite delicious, and we really enjoyed it!

The next morning, I headed out to the garage to go to the grocery store.  When I opened the garage door, I was startled when I saw that our car wasn't there.  Abe became more frantic than I, quite worked up and wondering why in the world I opened the garage door if our car wasn't inside.  I realized then that I had parked on the street after picking up the pizza, because our landlord was washing his car, and I didn't want to make him move.  And of course, I forgot to move it back into the garage later that evening.

Seems like not such a big deal, except for the fact that there isn't any street parking allowed between 4 AM and 6 AM.  I was so frustrated, because our "free" pizza had now cost us $28.50 in the form of a parking ticket! On the bright side, they don't ever tow, only ticket, so at least the car was still there! 


Last night we had some homemade chocolate pudding for a treat.  Charlie really seemed to enjoy himself!





Charlie has been extremely cranky lately due to 4 new teeth coming in.  I had to laugh, because the other night he had on these PJ's, and I happened to catch a half-smile.  Notice, his jammies say "Who You Callin' Crabby"!  It made me think about the exact same situation happening with Abe a few years ago, wearing the same PJ's, sick and quite cranky,  but smiling for the camera.  They're just a month apart here!  I love how they can share some of their clothes--for some reason it's just so precious to me!

Charlie (sorry so blurry, he was moving):

 
Abe:
 
 
 
And that's all for now..  Thanks for reading!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa! I know what you mean about boys sharing the same clothes - i too can't explain it, but there's something special about Josh wearing sweatshirts that his four older brothers wore too. Don't really know why it warms my heart but it does! Hang in there - spring WILL come!!!

    ReplyDelete