Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Just Lately

Well, it's been a while since I've posted.  I'll spare you my excuses....they're legit, but excuses nonetheless!

We haven't really been up to a whole lot outside of just our weekly routine, but it's been good.  Lots of games of Red Light-Green Light and Spot It, lots of book reading, lots of baking, and getting outside as often as the weather allows.  I am stretched and challenged and blessed every day by this role of being a mom, and I'm thankful.

Charlie is doing great at potty training.  He still has occasional accidents, but is overall doing so well.  He has been SO different to train than Abe was!  Totally independent from the start...wants no help, doesn't wasn't to sit on the "icky little potty" (he wants to use the big one!) and rarely even tells me when he needs to go!  He did tell me while we were in the car and while we at the store this past week, and held it until we could get to a potty--huge milestone!  Of course, he finds it necessary to remove every item of clothing when he has to go, down to his socks, and then after he's done, his preferred mode is to just run around without clothes.  Why bother putting them back on?!  So, we're working on that!

Abe and Ryan came down with a GI bug this past weekend that really wiped them out.  I was terribly nauseated but never actually threw up, and Charlie didn't seem sick at all (so thankful for that!).  I was so sad to see my happy little Abe so uncomfortable and melancholy.  Even today, while he feels better, is still not quite himself again yet.

Ryan is in his last week of OB/GYN. He has thoroughly enjoyed it and has been able to see so many amazing things.  Last week he received the opportunity to hear Dr. Ben Carson speak at the Wisconsin Pro-Life fundraiser.  I wished I could have gone too!  Wisconsin has made huge strides in the past few years in reducing the number of abortions across the state.  In fact, there is now a law in place that requires any woman interested in an abortion be given the opportunity to have an ultrasound within 24 hours of her procedure.  The numbers clearly reflect that after seeing that little one inside, many women are choosing life for their baby.  So wonderful!

Next week he'll move on to Neurology/Psychiatry.  It's hard to believe we're just 6 weeks away from the start of his fourth and final year.

Lastly, these two sweeties munching on some caramel corn after their baths.  And why yes, they are wearing fleece footie pajamas in MAY.  Our weather has been mostly cold and rainy, barely breaking 50 many days.  Last week Ryan had the weather pulled up on his phone and said, "Wow, next week looks awesome!"  I replied, "Really?  I just checked not long ago, and it looked pretty cold and rainy."  He looked again and said, "Oh, sorry, I had Peoria's weather pulled up!" (our home town)  So, you Peorians, be thankful for your warm weather!




1 comment:

  1. Sooo jealous of Ryan hearing Ben Carson speak! I read his book awhile back, and loved everything about him. Always love your posts, Lyss! Miss you, as always!

    ReplyDelete