Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weekend Visitors and Charlie's Birthday

This past weekend, my family came up to visit!  Since Ryan was at a conference in Washington D.C., and it was Charlie's birthday weekend, I was glad to have company!

All day on Friday, Abe kept asking if it was time for them to come.  I had told him that if he could be a good boy all day, I would let him stay up until they came (his normal bedtime is 8 PM).  Around 8, he was sitting on the top edge of the couch, looking out the window so he could see them pull up--they weren't due to arrive until 9:15!  I suggested we play a game or watch a DVD to pass the time until they arrived.  When they finally pulled up, my mom sent me a text telling me to have Abe look out the window.  I told Abe, he bounded up onto the couch, and the look on his face was just priceless; "They're here!" he cheered, with a huge smile!

The whole weekend was just so much fun.  We didn't really have an agenda, so it was nice to just take on the day as it progressed.  Because they were able to stay at our house, we still had a lot of time together even after the boys went to sleep.

We went sledding on Saturday, played many rounds of "Authors" (one of the best card games ever, by the way) on Saturday night, and celebrated Charlie's birthday on Sunday!  Ryan got back into town around noon on Sunday, so we had cake after he got home.

Pictures of the weekend:

Group photo before sledding:

 
 
Teaching Abe to make snow angels:



Down they go!




Snowball fight!!!!!!  Abe thought this was awesome!

 
 
Opening birthday presents:



Excited about his new drum!!



Singing "This Little Light of Mine" with the new music set:



The boys on Charlie's birthday:



Happy Birthday Charlie!!



Ready to taste...



Mmmm....I think I like it!



Yeah, I almost all of it.  So what?  Go away so I can eat the rest!

 
 
After cake we chatted a bit longer before they had to head home.  I was glad Ryan got at least a little bit of time with them! 
 
It was just a wonderful weekend from start to finish.  Dad, Mom, Aubs, and Andi, thank you so much for coming and loving on our boys.  We loved having you here and love you so much!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Happy Birthday Charlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it was a fantastic weekend!! I'm glad you had
    a great time! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family times are so precious. I love that pic of Charlie with the drum!

    ReplyDelete