Friday, August 30, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

Ok, so I know it's like 90+ degrees outside, and I'm doing a post on chicken pot pie.  But a few weeks ago when I made this, it was unseasonably cool and felt like fall.  It had me longing for a warm comforting dish, and this was absolutely perfect.  We loved it.  You have to file this one away for cooler weather in a few months.

Admittedly, this meal requires a fair amount of time, but I found it to be entirely worth the effort.  I made the dough rounds earlier in the day to save on prep before the meal, and I also like to keep cooked, diced chicken breasts in the freezer which helped ease the preparation as well.  The recipe made enough to freeze half of the filling, which makes it a breeze to enjoy them again at a later date.  Due to the fact that it does require some work (and the fact that it contains 3 sticks of butter...), this might not be a meal you eat frequently, but you'll be so happy when you do!



Chicken Pot Pie

1 comment:

  1. This looks so yummy! (maybe a month from now when it's fall-food weather again!)
    love Meg

    ReplyDelete